Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Halloween Explosion Box

 
So, as promised, here is another fun Halloween project.... I really love making explosion boxes, and instead of making plain pages, I decided to add some fun embellishments. I really love the way this one turned out!
 
 
 
This box album was made with Tim Coffey's line of Halloween
papers and die cuts.... as far as I know, that line has been discontinued,
but this project can be done with just about any line of paper.

I used a fabric flower in the middle of the album, and eyelash fiber
on some of the pages for added texture.


The front and back of each page is fully finished so
there is plenty of room for pictures and journaling.



Instead of leaving all of the pages as squares, I cut
some of them into various tag shapes for variety.









If you have never made an explosion box before, here is a really excellent tutorial link to make the basic box... it's a lot easier than you might think!   http://www.acherryontop.com/articles/Exploding-Box-Tutorial-3828   Or, if you don't feel like making one yourself, this one I made is available at:
DizzyBlondeDesigns@etsy.com

Have fun with this project, and remember, there are no mistakes in crafting!!

Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment