Sunday, February 24, 2013

Color, Stories, Inspiration Case File #60 and Once Upon a Sketch Latest Entry

Hi!

Now I am reasonably caught up with my blog, I decided to enter this month for Once Upon a Sketch and CSI... I did one layout for both sites using the color criteria from CSI....

 
and the sketch provided by OUAS....
 
 
The theme for OUAS was... love....!
 
So, based on both of those guidelines, here is what I came up with:
 

    This is a picture I took at Christmas of my beautiful sister Shannon,
 and her awesome hubby, Diego.
           I used all of the colors for the CSI challenge, plus as my Evidence, I did the big flowers, hearts, layering, "icing" (modeling paste), and white background.  For the Testimony, I used some words from the Valentine's Day word list, and in my journaling, I used an inspiration word "admire". For both challenges, my journaling is hidden under the "happy" pennant.
 
I loved this sketch, and for my interpretation, I used a shape frame instead of a circle, and used hidden journaling.. I made the red roses myself, and squeezed a bunch of beautiful techniques and embellishments onto this page... I am not really a Valentine's kind of girl, but I really love the way this layout turned out... not to Valentine-y, but still fulfilling the challenges.
 
Here are some more details:
 
I wanted to give my plain white background some "oomph", so I decided to
use modeling paste and a stencil to give it some texture...

 
Like the little white heart? So easy to do with a silicone mold (Martha Stewart) and polymer clay.






 
Here is where my journaling is located, and a small picture of the actual journaling...
 
I really enjoyed making this layout, and I hope you enjoy it as well!
 
                                       Shelley

 




1 comment:

  1. Love what you've done with all those MME goodies, beautiful photo too! Lovely work, thank you so much for playing along with our challenge at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete