Friday, October 5, 2012

You at the Zoo....

Hi all!

     So I decided to to enter the last of the September challenges at Once Upon a Sketch and their collaboration with Color Stories Inspiration (CSI).... here is their last "case file" for the month...


    I absolutely LOVE this color palette, and knew I had just the right
         picture to use with it....
            Here is how I "solved" this case:

I used all the colors, and the sketch provided for inspiration, and in the evidence column I used leaves and chalk... from the testimony column I used a lesson plan format for my journaling, and all three of the inspiration words, which I highlighted..
 
This was the journaling I did in the form of a lesson plan... I used a publishing
 program to print the lesson, then wrote in the information by hand, using the
inspiration words from the challenge.

I die cut the "You" in the title using the Cricut Graphically Speaking cartridge...

I hand cut the little pennants, then used a white paint dauber on them...
 I stamped the "at the" on them and hung them  from a brown fiber string. 
The "Zoo" part of the title was cut from the Cricut Groovy Times cartridge...

I really love mixing colors, textures and patterns... sometimes I get asked how do you
all make it work and look composed and cohesive on a project...?  My answer is to lay
everything out on the page before tacking it down... don't be afraid to try putting something
on there you think may (or may not...) work... there have been so many times an
 embellishment I thought would work hasn't, and one that I didn't think would work, has. 
 And lastly, PLAY, PLAY, PLAY with your layout... in other words, try to get away
from a picture you might have in your head, and be open to other arrangements... I have
found that very often the project will tell YOU when it's done!

This cute little pennant string was cut using the Cricut Lite Carousel cartridge...
just one of the many little details on this layout. 
 
 
This project was SO much fun... the pictures are my son Miles' first trip to the
 Sacramento Zoo.. he was a little scared to put his face in the face hole, but
 eventually did and I got some great pics!
 
I hope you enjoy seeing this layout as much as I enjoyed creating it!
 
           Shelley
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelley! Welcome to the blogging world!! Just wanted to stop by and say hi and thank you for your sweet comment on my WCMD post. I love the way you did your journalling! Take care Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page! You really do combine colors & patterns just right...this was a great way to document a day at the zoo...love the little banner & all the photos! Great job on solving the case file & on working with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete