Sunday, October 21, 2012

CSI Challenge #41- My Secret

Hello, hello!

So, a new week is beginning, and with it comes cooler weather... thank goodness!  But, also with the cooler weather comes ear infections for my little guy, but even with that going on this week, I still managed to come up with a layout for the Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge for the week.  I really love these challenges because they always have such great color palattes and inspiration items to work with.



So for my "evidence", I did texture, layers and ombre... I will be doing a tutorial a little
later on on how to add texture to your page using the perfect pearls. I used some of the bits
and pieces of the lovely downloads that CSI offered for this week, as well as the background
paper that was also a download.  For the "testimony", I used the Journal of Secrets prompt as my
inspiration.  I am so used to doing layouts of my family and friends, I found it a real challenge
to do one of myself... AND, to journal a secret!! 

Another secret of this layout is the pull out tag...
the secret is that it is not really a tag, but a decoy for
the "real" secret....

The real secret is hidden below the flower cluster, which lifts up to
reveal it... fun, huh!


 
I am continuing to enter the weekly challenges, and am going to be entering another
Once Upon a Sketch Challenge that is due by the 31st.  I want to get a few more
challenges under my belt, and then I plan on starting to offer some
tutorials... I have had requests for my special album binding technique, and
flower making.
 
Oh, and BTW, I applied to the ZVA Creative design team this week... I should hear
by the 26th whether or not I have been chosen... wish me luck!
 
 
                        Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment