Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year, New Ideas...

Happy New Year!

     As much fun as the holidays are, I must admit to being a little bit happy when they are over...  I love all the food, family and celebrating, but in the midst of all the hoopla, I often long for just a quiet moment to be by myself, read a book, or do some crafting.
     We did have a good Christmas this year... my DH Ed, our son Miles and I traveled to visit family in Southern California, and we managed to see most of our southern relatives.  We even went to Disneyland!


Such a bunch of bright shining faces!! We really had a good time!
 
Since I have been home again, I have been having a little bit of a hard time getting back to
papercrafting, so I decided I would do a little beading instead... my favorite thing to
bead is Christmas ornaments for my family, and I used to make a new one every year for them. 
I haven't in the last couple of years because I was focusing on other crafts, but after seeing
my stepmom having the ones I had made for her on display, I was inspired to make one!
It felt really good to do some beadwork!
 
 
            I LOVE how it turned out!  This was a pattern by a very talented lady named
 Deb Moffett-Hall (patternstobead.com) and it was fun and very calming to work on
 after all the frantic-ness of the holiday season.
 
I have some big plans for my crafting, and for my blog this year- I am really planning
on entering as many challenges and competitions as I can, and applying to as many design teams
as I can as well.  Also, I look forward to making some tutorials to post here on my blog of my
own favorite techniques and ideas.  I hope you will join me!
 
I hope all of you had a great holiday season, and are looking forward to whatever this
year has in store...  may 2013 be a great year in your life, and ESPECIALLY in your
crafting!
 
                     Shelley
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment